Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

DIY Onsie Cupcakes

I am super excited to share my first DIY project today! I love crafts. And I love a good DIY project. So todayI present ... DIY Onsie Cupcakes!

What you'll need: 
+ onsies 
+ receiving blankets
+ rubber bands
+ coffee filters
+ ribbon
+ optional: decorative items for cupcake toppers

step 1: make your hand in a loose fist and place the onsie on top. Then poke the onsie in your hand to start gathering it. 


step 2: once you are happy with the gathering of the onsie, fold the rest of the fabric and then bunch all together (as shown above).


step 3: fold the receiving blanket into about a 4" strip. 


step 4: place the bunched up onsie at the edge of the blanket. I put a rubber band around the onsie just to keep it in place. 


step 5: start rollin' 


step 6: once rolled up, secure with a rubber band.


step 7: fluff up the onsie to resemble "frosting," place in a coffee filter, and tie with a ribbon. 


optional step 8: place a decorative item on top of each cupcake and wrap them up in a windowed cake box (like above). This really wows a crowd. I choose pacifiers for this particular one, but I've also made felted flower headbands and used that too.

SUMMARY 

What you'll need: 
+ onsie(s) 
+ receiving blanket(s)
+ rubber bands
+ coffee filters
+ ribbon
+ optional: decorative items for cupcake toppers

step 1: make your hand in a loose fist and place the onsie on top. Then poke the onsie in your hand to start gathering it. 

step 2: once you are happy with the gathering of the onsie, fold the rest of the fabric and then bunch all together (as shown above).

step 3: fold the receiving blanket into about a 4" strip. 

step 4: place the bunched up onsie at the edge of the blanket. I put a rubber band around the onsie just to keep it in place. 

step 5: start rollin' 

step 6: once rolled up, secure with a rubber band.

step 7: fluff up the onsie to resemble "frosting," place in a coffee filter, and tie with a ribbon. 

optional step 8: place a decorative item on top of each cupcake and wrap them up in a windowed cake box (like above). This really wows a crowd. I choose pacifiers for this particular one, but I've also made felted flower headbands and used that too.  

 photo BlogSignature_zpsd59f7754.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment